Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Mega Man Legends 3

Capcom decided to take an interesting approach to designing their new heroine for the upcoming Mega Man Legends 3. Nine completely different designs by nine famous designers were put to a vote; the public made the final decision. The winner Aero, pictured above in some early game model shots was the victor. I will admit at first i was not taken with the design at all, those leggings and weird arm things just seemed so silly and odd to me. However she has grown on me and I think she is a good choice of heroine.

This design by Tatsuya Yoshikawa was my choice. The cape, the glasses and the shoes all look really awesome, and I think she looks especially good with the hood up. But alas, perhaps this design was too girly? I can understand the need for a heroine who looks a bit less high maintenance or something. I do applaud the MML3 team for having the courage to choose there heroine this way and as the saying goes, the customer is always right.

Other designs included a bunny girl, an American Indian native and a girl that kinda reminded me of a design from animal crossing. You can check all the designs out at http://megaman.capcom.com/mml3designers/

Note: for some reason the above link will not let you scroll, so if you can not see the links to other designs just press F11 for full screen.

1 comment: